We welcome applicants who have a variety of talents and interests and who are interested in a rigorous but flexible college preparatory education that balances academic, artistic, social, and practical work. We welcome you to visit our school at any time and we encourage you to schedule a visiting day before applying.
Our priority application deadline for the 2014-15 school year is January 31, 2014. After this date, admission to our school will be granted throughout the year on a rolling and space available basis.
To apply to the Great Barrington Waldorf High School, please:
- Download the application (pdf), complete and mail it to Great Barrington Waldorf High School, PO Box 905 Great Barrington, MA 01230 with a $50 application fee.
- Give the academic and personal references to those you choose to complete them.
- Give the records release to your current school registrar.
- When we receive your application, we will call you to schedule an interview and math and English assessments.
Students applying by the January 31 deadline will be notified of their acceptance by March 3, 2014.
If you would like to visit the school for a tour or to sit in on classes for a day, please call us at (413) 298-3800.
Tuition & Tuition Assistance
Tuition for 2013-2014 is $14,850. Tuition may be slightly higher for 2014-2015. It is part of the mission of the school, however, to make it possible for all admitted students who wish to attend to do so. Those who cannot afford full tuition should apply for Tuition Assistance. Additional fees and costs include field trips, books, and occasional course material fees. These average around $500 per year.
The Great Barrington Waldorf High School uses a nationally recognized service, TADS, to process financial aid applications. TADS applies standardized criteria to determine to what extent each family needs assistance to pay for one year’s tuition. GBWHS’s financial aid committee uses information from the TADS process to allocate the amount of financial aid available.
If you are applying for Financial Aid, please complete the required TADS financial aid forms and directly submit all necessary documents by March 3, 2014. The TADS Financial Aid Worksheet below, is designed to assist in completing the application. For assistance in submitting these materials, please contact TADS at (800) 477-8237. For questions related to the Waldorf High School’s financial aid policies and practices, please contact Jeff Sills, Treasurer. A variety of payment plans are available.
For More Information:
If you would like us to mail you an admissions packet that contains an application and more information about our school, please call us or contact us by email. To speak with someone about the school, please contact Stephen Keith Sagarin, Faculty Chair, at (413) 298-3800 or through the school’s email at email@example.com.
Did you know that homeschool students can take courses at our school?
We offer year-long courses in Spanish, German, math, and English, and intensive seminar blocks in science, history and geography, literature, and math.
If you’re interested:
- FIND the course(s) you would like to take. These are listed on the “Curriculum” page of this website. (Course offerings may change without notice. Call the school for the most up-to-date information and for course schedules and calendars.)
- CONTACT us to arrange an assessment and interview. If your age and ability match our mission to educate adolescents who are interested in serious study but who have a broad range of backgrounds and talents, we will admit you.
- ENROLL. Course fees depend on course length, but average around $2000 for a year-long study and $500 for a seminar.
For more information on our school, see the Admissions page on this website, request an admissions packet in the mail, or call Stephen Keith Sagarin, Faculty Chair, at (413) 298-3800.